Curated blog with news, events, listings, jobs and exciting stories about web design & web development.
The Descript team has just announced the March update for their audio/video editing tool, introducing 15 new caption templates, a new pre-recording countdown timer, a new VU meter and more.
- 15 New caption templates to help you quickly create engaging, accessible social media videos.
- Made it easier to choose which canvas layer you want to work on when there are overlapping layers.
- New 3-second countdown timer before you start recording which can be turned off.
- A VU meter (Volume Unit Meter) has been added just above the timeline. You can simply toggle it on to monitor audio levels in real time.
- Now you can drag and drop audio or video files to the beginning or end of your script.
- Easily move layers in and out of the script from the ••• menu (as long as the layers contain audio).
- Now you can choose your resolution when you publish. Pro & Enterprise users can can even publish in 4K.
- They have made upload and download progress more visible, so you can see when everything is synchronised.
- They have merged the Copy Link and Open Share page into one single button for publishing quick recordings.
In addition, projects created using the Zapier integration now open in the new Descript. Finally, recorder error instructions now provide links and specific instructions for common errors.
The Fair Freelancer Marketplace
Freelancers, would you like to win 1 of 5 free business profiles for life? Sign up to enter the competition.
Ahoi.pro, the new fair freelance marketplace is about to launch! Sign up to be among the first to be notified!
FTC Disclosure: We may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this post.