No products in the cart.
DigitalOcean just published their monthly recap for January 2020. Once again they’ve been hard at work adding new features and benefits to their cloud computing platform including Container Registry (early access), new 1-click apps, 2-factor authentication for team members, and more.
Find Out What’s New
- Customers can now add any of their 15+ DOKS Marketplace 1-Click Apps to an existing DOKS cluster. They also released several new 1-Click Apps on Droplets, including:
- Caddy, an open source web server
- ZoomAdmin, a hosting control panel
- Directus, an open source CMS
- DigitalOcean Container Registry is now available in Early Access. With Container Registry, you can easily store and manage private container images with seamless deployment to DigitalOcean Kubernetes.
- Team owners can now require that team members enable 2-factor authentication when signing into their accounts. Teams also allow multiple users to securely and efficiently collaborate on projects, with all projects and associated resources on a single bill.
- You can now use the DigitalOcean API to access billing data programmatically. They’ve exposed the balance endpoint that provides information, including your account balance, month-to-date balance, month-to-date usage, and balance generation timestamp.
- Version 1.12 of the DigitalOcean Terraform Provider is now available and features improved support for Managed Databases and DigitalOcean Kubernetes.
- General Purpose Droplets are now available in the London (LON1) data center, along with their other global locations. General Purpose Droplets feature 4GB RAM for each 100% dedicated vCPU, and are well-suited for critical applications.
- Now available in the Singapore (SGP1) data center, in addition to other global locations: Their Memory-Optimized Droplets feature 8GB RAM for each 100% dedicated vCPU. These Droplets are ideal for RAM-intensive applications.
In other news, DigitalOcean was named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in 2020 by both Built In Boston and Built In New York. Check out their current job openings. Just in case you missed it, Scotch has joined the DO family last month. They are offering top-notch web development courses and tutorials, e.g. for React, Vue, and Tailwind CSS.
FTC Disclosure: We may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this post.