No products in the cart.
One of the most requested products at DigitalOcean has been managed databases also known as database as a service (DBaaS). DigitalOcean are currently sending out invites to customers to their new Managed Databases PostgreSQL beta program.
It will offer fully hosted and managed database engines for your applications. Starting with PostgreSQL, DigitalOcean are planning to support the most popular database engines. Next in line will be the support of MySQL.
Check out the feature set:
- Multi-node database clustering
- Automated failover support
- Daily backups with Point in Time
- Recovery (7 days)
- Horizontal read scaling
- Data encrypted on disk & network
- Performance graphs (per minute)
- Multiple logical databases per cluster
- Database cluster forks
- Connection pooling
- One-click upgrades to new versions
- Seamless switching of plans & regions
- All Regions except AMS2, NYC2, SFO1 and SGP1
In a few weeks, they will start enabling users to begin testing and refine the new product.
FTC Disclosure: We may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this post.