No products in the cart.
Just yesterday we have published a post about an improved WooCommerce integration with LifterLMS.
Today, they have proudly announced the release of LifterLMS 2.0. With this major update, the developers have changed their business model completely and jumped on the freemium bandwagon. As of now, their fantastic WordPress LMS plugin is 100% free and open source – a tribute to their community and users for their help and feedback in the past. Their goal is nothing less than to “democratize education in the digital classroom”.
Since their launch back in August 2014, the LifterLMS crew has managed to create a mighty yet easy to use learning management tool that is already being used by some major players in the WordPress community. Joost de Valk of Yoast SEO is using LifterLMS for his Yoast Academy for instance.
LifterLMS is a WordPress plugin that that allows you to turn your WordPress site into a feature-rich learning management system in no time. Thus you’ll be able to build and offer single online courses or sell multiple courses via the built-in membership functionality. Also it enables you to engage students via reward badges, certificates and quiz games.
- Set up a Learning Management System for WordPress
- Create & sell online elearning courses incl. course bundles
- Automatic student engagement: Certificates & action-based emails
- Gamification: Badges for completing lessons & courses
- Built-in membership levels
- Analytics: Track orders & issue refunds
- Simple & intuitive interface
- Coupons for effectivly promoting courses
- Sell courses offline and let students activate them online via voucher codes
- Student profiles on the frontend
- Custom sidebars for course or membership levels
- Bulk add & remove students from courses
- Automatic student enrollment in courses included in membership
- Option to automatically advance students to the next lesson once they’ve completed a lesson
- Content can be dripped
- Responsive design
- Support of AffiliateWP for running an affiliate program to promote your courses
According to their pretty long roadmap LifterLMS are planning to add more exciting new features shortly, e.g. a new theme framework named LifterLMS LaunchPad, Apollo LMS theme and a ConvertKit extension as well as integrations for Zapier, ActiveCampaign and Easy Digital Downloads.
The core functionality of LifterLMS can be extended via 3+ paid extensions and a priority suport pack called LifterLMS Pro. Pricing on their marketplace starts from just $99 per year.
- MailChimp (incl. support of lists & groups)
- LifterLMS Pro: Access to premium support & assistance with more benefits being added soon, e.g. a Graphics Pack for LaunchPad
LaunchPad – A LifterLMS-ready WordPress Theme
They have been receiving numerous requests from customers asking which WordPress theme they are recommending for LifterLMS.
Now the answer to that question is pretty easy as the LifterLMS team has released LaunchPad into the wild, the first and #1 elearning WordPress theme for LifterLMS.
LifterLMS Boost & Turbo Boost
The new LifterLMS Boost & Turbo Boost services will get your online courses and even your entire elearning WordPress site up and running in no time.
After turning their plugin into a free one, existing customers might be annoyed. However, the folks over at LifterLMS have come up with some really interesting offers to make up for purchasing the plugin.
You’ll be able to convert your license to LifterLMS Pro and get the following extra benefits:
- Access to one of their upcoming courses at CourseClinic (worth $497)
- 20% off their upcoming live event LifterLIVE
- 50% off a premium extension or theme
If you have purchased the plugin in the last 30 days, you can ask for a full refund. In that case you will not receive any of the above benefits though.
Set up Service, Support & Updates
LifterLMS are also offering a set up service that helps your site to be up and running within 14 days. Free support is provided via the WordPress repository whilst you would have to purchase LifterLMS Pro for premium support. However, they are providing a detailed documentation, knowledge base and a FAQ section to help you get started. For paid extensions you will receive one year of free updates. You are backed by their 30-Day no-risk money back guarantee.
FTC Disclosure: We may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this post.