Curated blog with news, events, listings, jobs and exciting stories about web design & web development.
The Popup Maker team just released one of the most asked for premium features to their WordPress popup plugin. Geo-targeting is now officially available!
Geotargeting allows you to target popups to specific geographical regions. You are now able to add new targeting conditions to your pop-ups that allow you to show pop-ups:
- only to visitors from certain countries
- to all visitors except certain countries
- only to visitors from certain states or provinces
- to all visitors except certain states or provinces
- only to visitors from certain postal / zip codes
- to all visitors except certain postal / zip codes
Unlike other tools that contain a database of (sometimes outdated) location data, they have built the new feature on top of third-party services. As these services update their databases weekly and sometimes even daily, it can be ensured that your geotargeting is always accurate and up-to-date.
The feature will require one of the following services:
- IPStack (data updates up to 20 times per day)
- WP Engine’s GeoTarget Add-on (only supports targeting countries, states, and provinces)
- Cloudflare’s IP Geolocation (only supports targeting countries)
Geotargeting is now available as part of the Popup Maker Optimize plan.
The Fair Freelancer Marketplace
Freelancers, would you like to win 1 of 5 free business profiles for life? Sign up to enter the competition.
Ahoi.pro, the new fair freelance marketplace is about to launch! Sign up to be among the first to be notified!
FTC Disclosure: We may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this post.