No products in the cart.
TransferWise just announced two exciting updates. They dropped prices for 76% of their customers and introduced multi-currency accounts for Japanese residents.
TransferWise dropped prices on average by 15% for transfers on many currency routes. Now you will pay lower fees if:
- you send from USD or GBP to anywhere in the world, or
- you send from anywhere in the world to any of these currencies in Asia — INR, THB, IDR, MYR, CNY, PKR, VND, KRW, LKR, or BDT.
Multi-Currency Accounts For Japan
The TransferWise multi-currency account allows customers to have local banking details in multiple countries to receive free money just like locals. This was a long-awaited feature for our customers in Japan, and now they can get:
- UK account number and sort code
- European IBAN
- US account number, routing and wiring number
- Australian account number and BSB number
- New Zealand account number
- Singapore SWIFT/ BIC code and account number
Residents in Japan are now able to manage, convert and spend their money to 50+ different currencies and get access to local banking details in six countries. That’s also great news for expats and freelancers for instance.
FTC Disclosure: We may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this post.