Curated blog with news, events, listings, jobs and exciting stories about web design & web development.
TransferWise just announced two exciting updates. They dropped prices for 76% of their customers and introduced multi-currency accounts for Japanese residents.
TransferWise dropped prices on average by 15% for transfers on many currency routes. Now you will pay lower fees if:
- you send from USD or GBP to anywhere in the world, or
- you send from anywhere in the world to any of these currencies in Asia — INR, THB, IDR, MYR, CNY, PKR, VND, KRW, LKR, or BDT.
Multi-Currency Accounts For Japan
The TransferWise multi-currency account allows customers to have local banking details in multiple countries to receive free money just like locals. This was a long-awaited feature for our customers in Japan, and now they can get:
- UK account number and sort code
- European IBAN
- US account number, routing and wiring number
- Australian account number and BSB number
- New Zealand account number
- Singapore SWIFT/ BIC code and account number
Residents in Japan are now able to manage, convert and spend their money to 50+ different currencies and get access to local banking details in six countries. That’s also great news for expats and freelancers for instance.
The Fair Freelancer Marketplace
Freelancers, would you like to win 1 of 5 free business profiles for life? Sign up to enter the competition.
Ahoi.pro, the new fair freelance marketplace is about to launch! Sign up to be among the first to be notified!
FTC Disclosure: We may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this post.