Curated blog with news, events, listings, jobs and exciting stories about web design & web development.
Are you looking for a new managed hosting provider for your WordPress site or WooCommerce online shop? Why you should take a closer look at Pressable, you will find out in this article.
Founded in 2010, Pressable has been part of Automattic for about 6 years now. In other words, the very same company that is behind WordPress, WordPress.com, WooCommerce, and Jetpack. So it’s only natural to say that Pressable knows what they’re doing, right? In this post, you will learn why Pressable is the managed WordPress hosting provider for developers, freelancers, WordPress agencies, online store owners, and more.
Let’s take a look at the highlights of the performance, development and security features, followed by details on pricing and support.
- Service level agreement with a 100% uptime guarantee: For every 30 minutes of downtime, you will receive a credit of 5% of your monthly fee. Now that’s something, isn’t it? This is a unique selling point that you won’t find a second time in this industry.
- Powerful NVMe server infrastructure & content delivery network (CDN) for fast sites.
- In the rare event of a server or region problem, Pressable will automatically switch to an alternative server or serve your site from another region.
- Free edge cache.
- Automatic, dynamic scaling to handle traffic spikes, e.g. during the busy sales periods of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Automattic’s fast, reliable, and secure network is specifically designed for WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Jetpack Security Daily is included with Personal plans or higher: Backups, real-time malware scanning & comment and form spam protection ($239/year value).
- Staging environments for each WordPress and WooCommerce install that can easily be pushed to your production sites.
- We all know that you should keep your hands off your own email server (unless you really know what you’re doing). Fortunately, Pressable offers a dedicated, professional email service powered by Titan for peace of mind.
- Free SSL certificates powered by Let’s Encrypt.
- Managed WordPress core updates.
- Web Application Firewall (WAF), malware scanning & threat monitoring to keep the bad boys out.
- WordPress Hack Recovery Assistance included in all plans: If your website does get compromised, you won’t be left out in the cold.
In May 2022, Pressable introduced a new collaborator feature which allows you to share access to your WordPress sites with designers, developers, and others. Collaborator access grants them site-specific access to MyPressable, WP Admin, SFTP, and phpMyAdmin.
Support & Pricing
- Competitive, affordable pricing which is lower pricing than most of other managed hosts.
- Free manual migration assistance and free managed migrations. Also, check out above video about the Automated Migration plugin).
- Top-rated, 24/7 online support from certified WordPress experts.
- Free access to WP101 WordPress trainings.
Managed WordPress hosting start from as little as $19 per month for the Entry plan. Managed WooCommerce hosting is also available from just $19 per month. You will get 2 free months with annual plans.
Pressable is so confident in their WordPress Cloud Hosting platform that they offer a 30 day money back guarantee. What are you waiting for? You can launch a new WordPress or WooCommerce website from Pressable’s control panel in less than one minute!
By the way, Pressable is built on the same data network as WordPress.com and WordPress VIP.
PS: In the G2 Summer Report 2022, Pressable earned top honors in three managed hosting performance categories, including “Best results for small businesses”, “Best results overall”, and “High performer for mid-market”.
The Fair Freelancer Marketplace
Freelancers, would you like to win 1 of 5 free business profiles for life? Sign up to enter the competition.
Ahoi.pro, the new fair freelance marketplace is about to launch! Sign up to be among the first to be notified!
FTC Disclosure: We may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this post.