Curated blog with news, events, listings, jobs and exciting stories about web design & web development.
Vincent Le Moigne of Webalys has some really exciting news to share today – especially if you are an icon addict like me. Their largest and most popular icon set just got a whole lot better. After one year of hard work, Streamline Icons 3.0 have officially launched and are ready for prime time with more than 30,000 icons.
Streamline Icons 3.0
Whenever we need icons for one of our own or client projects, we are using one of Vincent’s awesome icon packs. Yes, we own them all including Streamline UX, Nova, and Ego Icons. While their smaller icon sets are great for specific use cases and niche projects, Streamline is much larger and serves as the go-to icon set for new projects. Think of it as the “Helvetica of icon sets”, the timeless standard that stays around for years to come.
Streamline 3.0 comes with three weights for every icon and contains 53 categories and 720 sub-categories. [Update: September 2018] Due to popular demand, they just designed “Bold” and “Regular” versions for all logos including social media icons. Also, they added Adobe XD files. Note that this is a free update for existing customers.
- Improved icon design
- 3 Icon weights: Light, Regular
- New Regular weight: Great for small sizes, e.g. menus & buttons
- New Bold weight following iOS Human Interface Guidelines
- Faster workflow thanks to
- 53 Themes aka categories, e.g. Users, Ecology, Business, Travel or Romance
- 720 Icon sub-categories
- New Interface Essential file with 940 UI-related icons
- IconJar support with up to 10 tags per icon (Coming soon: Web app for Windows users)
- Improved Sketch files for a better workflow
- Improved SVG icons with SVG
- Streamline Viewer – A powerful web app that allows you to preview the entire icons library
- Streamline Web App with full icon search & download capabilities
In May 2019, Streamline announced the so-called subscription-based Icon Cloud which will get you access to hundreds of new icons every month. Coming Summer/Fall 2019.
Pricing & Free Pack
Streamline Icons 3.0 are available as 2 different packs and 3 weights. Each pack is shipped with the following file types: .iconjar, .sketch, .ai, .png, .pdf, .xd, and .png.
The Essential Pack can be yours from $97 for one weight while the Ultimate Pack comes with a price tag from $137 for one weight. By going for bundles, you’ll get a significant discount: Three weights for the price of two. That’s one weight for free!
Webalys also offers a free pack containing 100 icons in return of subscribing to their newsletter.
Exclusive: Save 5% on all plans with code DEV5.
The Fair Freelancer Marketplace
Freelancers, would you like to win 1 of 5 free business profiles for life? Sign up to enter the competition.
Ahoi.pro, the new fair freelance marketplace is about to launch! Sign up to be among the first to be notified!
FTC Disclosure: We may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this post.