Curated blog with news, events, jobs and exciting stories about web design & web development.
Louis Reingold from Soflyy has just announced that Breakdance, the new visual website builder for WordPress, is now available in version 1.0. To celebrate the launch, they are offering Breakdance at an introductory price for a limited time.
“Wait a minute! Louis Reingold? Soflyy? Aren’t they the ones who…?” Right! The team is also responsible for the popular Oxygen Builder. In the following, we will take a look at the features and the target group of Breakdance, as well as the question of what happens with Oxygen.
According to Louis, Breakdance is “the website builder you always wanted“. Let’s see if it lives up to the claim.
- 100+ Premium design elements, e.g. columns, headings, pricing tables, video, rich text, and many more
- Full Site Editing (FSE), including headers, footers and everything in between
- Deep WooCommerce integration to create stores that convert in no time
- Mega menu & popup builder
- Form builder to build custom forms, e.g. contact forms, newsletter subscription forms, registrations forms, and more
- Global styles
- Flexbox layout engine
- Website builder without the (div) bloat
- Dynamic data & display conditions: Support for ACF, Toolset and Meta Box
- Compatible with SEO plugins such as Yoast SEO, Rank Math and SEOPress
- Visual, intuitive drag & drop interface
- Multilingual via Weglot (recommended)
- Works with Gutenberg & WordPress Multisite
- No coding skills required
Since the Breakdance plugin lets you design your entire WordPress site, you don’t need a theme. However, unlike Oxygen, you can use one if you want. The use of a theme is optional.
While Oxygen is aimed more at advanced users and developers, Breakdance can also be used by beginners. There is no such steep learning curve!
Impact on Oxygen?
We’re gonna continue developing Oxygen as we always have, releasing updates, providing support, making video tutorials, etc. Oxygen isn’t going anywhere. This is a separate product built by a separate team that targets a separate segment of users.– Louis Reingold, Founder of Soflyy
A question that will be of burning interest to Oxygen users. Does breakdancing have an impact on the further development of Oxygen? Louis has a clear answer to this question. No, it doesn’t!
For a limited time, you can get Breakdance for only $149 per year for an unlimited number of sites. That’s a savings of $200 off the regular price of $349. Plus, as an early adopter you will be grandfathered into the $149/year price indefinitely.
With a license you get access to all features, the design library and premium support. Finally, good news for WordPress agencies and freelancers: You can also use Breakdance for an unlimited number of client sites. You are also covered by their 60-day money back guarantee!
FTC Disclosure: We may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this post.